The Credit U service allows you to send credit to a friend or family member from your phone to theirs. This is a very convenient way to give them credit if alternatives like online top up are unavailable.
- All prepaid account are able to send credit to one another
- Some Postpaid accounts are allowed to send credit to prepaid numbers
- Non-qualifying postpaid customers will receive the following message:
Benefits of Credit U:
- The receiver’s expiration date will be extended
- If the receiver has an outstanding Quick credit balance, it will attempt to clear the amount and the remaining amount will go to their main account.
- You can send Credit to the following markets with Digicel numbers: Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Suriname & Trinidad and Tobago
Choose one of these three ways to get more details:
|MyDigicel app||Dial *128#|
Step 1: After logging into the MyDigicel App, select the menu “” from the home screen. You will see the below screen
Select “Additional Services”, then “Send Credit”
Step 2: Here you have two options:
- Enter the 11- digit phone number of the person you want to send credit to
- Click “Contacts” to select the person’s name (You can choose this option if the person’s number is stored in your phone).
Once the number is entered, select “Continue”.
Here, you can select the amount you wish to send. You can scroll to the left to see available options to send credit. Click “Continue”.
Please note: there is a $0.90 service charge that would be deducted from your account for using the Credit U service.
Step 3: You will see a pop up screen to confirm the details of the transaction. You will see the number you wish to send Credit to, the amount you wish to send, the service charge & disclaimer message.
To confirm the information, click “Continue”
Please note: Credit U is a non-refundable/transferable service.
Step 4: Here you will see a clear breakdown of you transaction, with your total amount to be charged.
To confirm the transaction, select “confirm Send Credit”
Step 5: You will see the screen below and receive a text message from “DigicelID” with the verification code.
Enter the 4-digit verification code as seen below. Please note the numbers below are used as an example.
Step 6: Success!!! You have sent credit to you contact.
Step 7: You will receive a text message advising of your transaction
Step 8: Your contact will receive the following text, letting them know you sent them credit.